Power of the Purse is a unique fundraising event accessorized with all the things women love – purses, accessories, spa packages, wine and more! It also signifies a social collaboration of women from all walks of life, coming together to commemorate the importance of women’s leadership and celebrating the power of women’s philanthropy and success in our community.
Check-in begins at 5:30 p.m. with bidding beginning at 6:00 p.m. Individual Tickets are $35 per person (includes hors d’ouerve food stations) and special Girlfriend & Corporate Tables of 10 are $400 (includes 2 complimentary bottles of wine and fine chocolates)
How it works:
- Registered guests will be given electronic access to all purses available for auction in an ‘eBay-like’ format.
- The event website will show pictures and descriptions, minimum starting bids, retail value, a ‘buy now’ price, and whether the item is new, very gently used, or vintage.
- Guests will select the purse(s) they wish to bid on and establish their maximum bid.
- As bidding progresses, guests will be notified by text if they’ve been out bid on an item(s).
- If 'outbid' notification is received, guests then have the option to increase the bid, pay the 'buy now' price if still available, or discontinue bidding without any obligation.
- At registration, guests are encouraged to enter their credit/debit card for quick and easy purchasing, eliminating delays at the conclusion of the event.
- When the auction is completed, the winning bidder will be notified by text, and the guest will have the ability to ‘pay now’ on their smartphones or tablets. Items will immediately be charged to their credit/debit card and then a text alert is sent from the system authorizing them to go to the purse station, show and prove payment to the volunteer at the purse station, and then pick up their purse.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS TODAY!
- For more information or to register and purchase tickets, click on the blue box ‘Buy Tickets for Power of the Purse’ visible now on the right hand side of this screen. This will send you directly to the BidPal site to purchase your tickets and become a part of the event.
- Net proceeds of the 2017 UWMC’s Power of the Purse will benefit the Mid-Central Community Action-Neville House and the YWCA-Labyrinth Outreach Services to Women.
- Questions? Contact Pat Grosso at United Way of McLean County, 309-828-7383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chanel Sponsor - The Pantagraph
Michael Kors Sponsor - Doubletree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center
COACH Sponsor - Jack Lewis Jewelers
COACH Sponsor - PNC Bank
COACH Sponsor - State Farm Foundationt
COACH Sponsor - State Farm Bank
COACH Sponsor - US Bank
COACH Sponsor - Commerce Bank
Kate Spade Sponsor - Helen Ogar, Attorney
Kate Spade Sponsor - Dr. Holly Houska
Kate Spade Sponsor - Little Jewels Learning Centers
Kate Spade Sponsor - Minonk Chocolate Company
Kate Spade Sponsor - PRP Wine - Brenda Stalsberg
Kate Spade Sponsorship - Tammy Carcasson - Crowne Realty
Kate Spade Sponsorship - Merrill Lynch - Ryan O'Connell
Kate Spade Sponsorship - Artezen Branding Strategy Design
Kate Spade Sponsorship - Bloomington-Normal Community Bank
Rock the Block is a fun filled event for families and individuals of all ages held in the spring by United Way of McLean County. Thousands of people in the McLean County area come together to celebrate volunteerism; a recognition of those who go above and beyond with their gifts of time to help make the community a better place.
Fun Things to Happen
· Enjoy Uptown Normal’s unique business community with Medici’s special set up on the block selling beverages and sandwiches and Stave Wine Bar and Market, a great place to relax and enjoy a glass of wine or craft beer just to name a few of the fun places to visit during the event.
· The Block Party starts hopping at 4:00 p.m. with a return visit of our special guests “The Red Scarves” performing a unique mix of indie folk and jazz rock. The band is becoming a Chicago staple and has been touring and crafting their sophomore release, a full-length album titled Sort of Scarlet.
· 5:00 p.m. marks the time for the traditional Hot Dog Eating Contest sponsored by Windy City Wieners, an authentic Chicago-style food establishment in Uptown Normal since 2009.
· Music continues throughout the event with the ever-popular Mike and Joe as our featured band from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Mike and Joe is one of the nation’s most well renowned rock cover bands! The bulk of the setlist includes rock hits from the 90’s through today, but occasionally they’ll throw in some tunes from the 70’s and 80’s as well!
· Don’t forget to participate in a special raffle for a bike from Vitesse Cycle Shop, a full service locally owned bike shop that is considered central Illinois’ premier Trek and electrical bicycle retailer.
Rock the Block is open to the public free of charge. A $5 donation to United Way of McLean County
at the entrance gates is encouraged and donor will receive a commemorative stadium cup
while supplies last, for their support of the event.